Wednesday, October 22, 2008

DESERVING OF ALL CAPS

On a whim, I tried on a few pants I've been hanging onto for, oh, over a year now (reality: 2.5). One even still had the tags on. I've been holding out hope that, one day, I will be motivated enough to actually be able to shoehorn myself back into these babies. There are three pair in particular, two from pre-pregnancy, and these aren't even my skinny jeans (those are from my honeymoon).

I FIT INTO ALL THREE PAIRS!

These are GAP Long & Leans, size 8. I've been a solid 10 for over three years now (prego doesn't count), and have been firmly and comfortably in denial about changing my body (any day now!), which is why I still own them.

BUT THEY BUTTONED!

Yes, I have a little muffin top, but I'm still working on that. The fact that I managed to trim some of the inches off my rear to get them over my hips is what's remarkable. So I decided to really push the limit and pulled out my skinny jeans (American Eagle, size 10).

YES, I FIT INTO THOSE TOO!

Except it's now clear that, during my honeymoon, I wore jeans that were cute in the butt but laughably short in the leg. I've held onto them this long because I was so focused on the waistline that I didn't realize I would look like I'd gone digging for clams, and being unable to squeeze into them meant I had no idea how short they really were. Still,

I FIT INTO MY SKINNY JEANS! TOMORROW, I WILL CONQUER THE WORLD!

Girls everywhere know what a big deal this is, and they are either cheering for me or cursing me in envy.

BRING IT ON, LADIES! I'M IN MY SKINNY JEANS; YOU CAN'T HURT ME!

7 comments:

Ashley said...

score! congratulations, that is extremely exciting!:)

Joy Joy said...

I envy you right now, but am so psyched for you!! Way to go, and it deserves the caps!

Molly said...

Maybe we can't hurt you, but we can laugh at your clamdiggers!

btw, would they look okay rolled up a few times, y'know, as ad hoc capris? NOT that I have a problem with jeans being too *short*, but I've been known to do that before, and nobody's any wiser.

T said...

i have to admit i'm cursing a bit. but soon i'll fit into skinny jeans too. but wait, i don't even own skinny jeans. sigh...maybe i'll be able to borrow your fat clothes if you have long legged tens that you want to throw my way.

Andrea said...

WOOHOO!!! Go Ad! Good for you!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh! the motivation of being in love!!

Carrie Peeples said...

Way to go!!! But I say that with a twinge of jealousy!