Wednesday, April 8, 2009

that's what he said

B: Mom, I took the penny out of me.
A: The penny? Do you mean the quarter?
B: Yeah, the quarter out of me. So I won't do naughty fings.

When B's being squirrely, I often ask him who put the quarter in him and if I can get a refund because I want my money back. It's not so much that he's naughty as it is that's he's a boy with boundless energy that seems to regularly steamroll me up one side and down the other.

*****
B: (to half the people in Billings) Are you coming to my wedding?

*****
B: Mom, Grammie is going to sit in the crowd at the wedding.
A: Yes, that's the plan... maybe let's not call it a 'crowd,' okay?
B: But I don't want to sit in the crowd. I want to stand up with you and Dad.
A: We'll see how you do. You don't have a speaking part for a reason, you know. You'd steal the show.

*****
B: Mom, can I have dinosaur hair that's spiky?
A: You mean like a mohawk?
B: I mean like dinosaur hair. A stegosaurus. (I can't even begin to phonetically spell what he said)

So we cut his hair into a mohawk.

R: Wow, that's really cool! Can I -
A: NO. You can have a mohawk AFTER the wedding. I'm cool, but I'm not THAT cool.

*****
B: Dad, that spanking didn't even really hurt, but it's okay because I have a very strong bottom.

*****
B: Mom, does our wedding cake have alcohol in it?
A: No, it doesn't.
B: Then can I have some?
A: Yes, of course!
B: Oh, that's great!

Molly and JR had a groom cake in the shape of a brilliant blue Audi. It was coveted by every small boy (and probably grown man) at the wedding. It had also been soaked in Tuaca. Blake was very sad that he didn't get any cake with alcohol in it.

*****
B: Mom, why do you want to get married?
A: Well, (long explanation about how marriage was one of the best things I ever did and how I am eager to have that kind of relationship again, about honoring God, about honoring Rob, about having a family that's more than just the two of us, about having a husband for me and a father for Blake).
B: You can get married to Dad.

It's okay with me!

If that's what you want, it's fine with me.
A: I'm very glad you approve.
B: Well, if you don't want to get married, Dad should go back to Spokane. But you can be married forever.

You should do it!

Good choice, huh?
A: (laughing) I sure hope so!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Adele,

My mom used to say the same thing about the quarter in me. How funny that you say it too.

Marci