Wednesday, July 29, 2009

not to put too fine a point on it, say i'm the only bee in your bonnet

In case anyone thinks we're in dire risk of defaulting on a mortgage or selling off a kidney/Rob's plasma/my eggs, let me just say that we are tackling the money thing head on. We're fine-tuning our budget, making sure all the bills come straight to me for payment, arranging for budgetary counseling and outside wisdom with sticking to it, putting Rob's house on the market (hopefully we can pay for an ATV out of the proceeds), and pursuing work for Rob that is both video and non-video related.

We're going to be okay. It's just kind of fun to wallow in the self-pity and try to rope in as much sympathy as possible. However, I imagine God wants to use a phrase on me that I often laughingly used on a wailing infant Blake who was fed, in a dry diaper, and cuddled in someone's arms:

"Waaa, waaa, waaa. All my needs are met! WAAAAA!"

3 comments:

lanerdoo said...

That's more like it. I almost didn't recognize the girl that wrote the previous post. But I'm with you all the way, it is easy to wallow, even when you ABSOLUTELY KNOW that you are blessed and well cared for.

Love you seester

Lindsey K said...

I also like the "fair is a 4-letter word and only comes to town once a year" phrase that you used on him :) thats a good one too.

Gailzee said...

Of course you are! Smile! Love to all!