Monday, April 12, 2010

the truth will out

Immediately after watching a commercial for V-8, where a man feeds his veggies to his dog, Blake said, "I love to eat my vegetables. I'm going to be stron."

I agreed with him.

"Mom, can I please have some vegetables?"

"Um, yes. I think. All I have right now is spinach. Do you want a bowl of salad?"

"Yes, please."

"Wow. Okay. Do you want avocado on it or the huckleberry dressing?"

"No, thank you. Just the salad."

And then he ate a bowlful of spinach leaves plain. !!!

"Mom, I ate them all gone. Because I want to be big and stron so one day I can beat up on Dad." (emphasis mine)

4 comments:

leblogdelossmiths said...

hahahahaha good punch line.

lanerdoo said...

Gross. I can feel the chalkiness in my mouth just thinking about dry spinch. What a silly boy you have. I love him.

Chris Wallace said...

I don't think I really liked spinach that much as a child but now I eat it weekly. I use it in place of lettuce on sandwiches and wraps as well as the occasional salad.

Libbie said...

Oh man, you could work this being "stron" thing in your favor!

Libbie